Upcoming – Calling all Speakers and Volunteers!
The ELUL Section is continuing to work on offering some of the remaining speakers and topics as mini-CLEs this fall, and we’ll provide you with those dates and times as soon as we’re able to confirm them.
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to volunteer to present or chair at the 2021 Mid-Year, please don’t hesitate to contact an ELUL Executive Committee member: https://wsba.org/legal-community/sections/environmental-land-use-law-section
October 22, 2020 – Mini-CLE – Webinar
Trump, the Clean Water Act, and Pro Se Ethics: Things You Should Know
Thanks to the hard work of the ELUL’s Mid-Year Co-Chairs, Valerie Fairwell and Albert Chang, the ELUL Section is pleased to offer another portion of the mid-year as a mini-CLE webinar on Thursday, October 22 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm!
Registration is available at the WSBA’s webpage: https://wsba.org/news-events/events-calendar/2020/10/22/default-calendar/trump-the-clean-water-act-and-pro-se-ethics-things-you-should-know
The webinar will provide 1 CLE credit and 1 Ethics credit. Access to the webinar is $10 for Section Members and $25 for non-ELUL Section members.
Our first presenter, Kelly Wood, will address federal limits on state authority under the Clean Water Act, including:
• EPA limits on CWA jurisdiction
• Scope of Washington authority under Section 401 of the CWA
• Status of WOTUS
• Impacts of these limits on future application of the laws in Washington.
The second presentation, by Jason Foust, will focus on the RPCs and their application in working with pro se litigants, using real world examples.
November 9, 2020 – Mini-CLE – Webinar
Clean Air, Insurance & Sustainable Design, and Marijuana Land Use Law
Thanks to the hard work of the ELUL’s 2020 Mid-Year Co-Chairs, Valerie Fairwell and Albert Chang, the ELUL Section is pleased to offer another portion of the 2020 mid-year as a mini-CLE webinar on Monday, November 9 from 2-4 pm.
Registration is available at the WSBA’s webpage: https://www.mywsba.org/PersonifyEbusiness/CLEStore/CLECalendar/MeetingDetails.aspx?productId=18557431
The webinar will provide 2 CLE credits for $10 for Section Members and $25 for non-ELUL Section members.
Craig Kenworthy, the Executive Director of the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, was scheduled to be the ELUL’s Keynote Speaker at the 2020 Mid-Year. He will start the CLE with “Will Little Data Raise Big Questions?”.
Nicole DeNamur will cover the role of insurance in sustainable design and development. Ms. DeNamur will identify the latest issues, products, and developments, and provide best practices and strategies.
The third presentation will be by Andy Murphy, who will discuss how to navigate the myriad state and local land use laws that restrict marijuana businesses and provide an update on litigation involving the processing of permit and license applications.
Recent Past Events
- July 30, 2020 – CLE – Midyear Webinar
- May 21, 2020 – Virtual Networking Event (via Zoom!)
- December 5, 2019 – CLE – SEPA Categorical Exemptions in the Context of Wolf Management and Attorney Duty of Candor
- May 2-4, 2019 – CLE – Midyear Conference – Alderbrook Resort
- April 23, 2019 – Law Student Networking Mixer
- December 13, 2018 – CLE – Ethics and Professional Responsibility When Working With Experts and Consultants
- May 10-12, 2018 – CLE – Midyear Conference – Suncadia Resort
- April 4, 2018 – Law Student Networking Mixer
- December 7, 2017 – CLE – Ethical Issues in Contact with Government Employees
Executive Committee Meetings
The WSBA ELUL Executive Committee generally conducts meetings on the third Wednesday of each month, from 3-4 p.m. You may attend by phone by calling 866-577-9294 and using the passcode 5016511#. Please contact a member of the Executive Committee for specific details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.