May 5-7, 2022 – Register for the Midyear!
The WSBA Environmental and Land Use Law Conference will be a hybrid event this year on May 5-7, 2022 at Suncadia Resort in Cle Elum. We look forward to presentations on nonconforming uses, a legislative update, salmon and orca recovery, housing, infrastructure, and environmental justice, among others!
We are excited to see some of you in person at this year’s event. We are inviting up to
50 100 in-person attendees, but registration will also be available to attend virtually from your home or office. (Please note that we adjusted the maximum number of attendees to 100 people (50% of the room capacity).)
Registration is available at this link.
For in-person attendees of the Midyear, we have a Suncadia room block of 40 rooms for Thursday and Friday nights, May 5 and 6. Suncadia is accepting reservations by phone at (866) 904-6300 at the following rates:
• Lodge Deluxe Studio: $235 per night
• Lodge Village View One Bedroom Suite: $249 per night
• Lodge River View One Bedroom Suite: $269 per night
When you call Suncadia, identify yourself as part of the “ELUL Midyear” group to get these rates.
Please note that per WSBA policy, all attendees at in-person events and gatherings are required to provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19; or provide proof of a negative PCR COVID test within the past 72 hours. Verification of the aforementioned will occur at the event. If an attendee cannot meet these requirements, they will be unable to attend the event in person.
April 20, 2022 – Save the Date for the Spring Networking Event!
Please SAVE THE DATE! This year’s annual spring networking event for Washington law students interested in pursuing careers in environmental and land use law is scheduled for April 20, 2022, during Earth Week! This is a great opportunity to meet and network with attorneys and law students in the area.
This year, ELUL is thrilled to be co-hosting with King County Bar Association’s Environmental and Land Use Section, and to be hosting the event in person at Optimism Brewing in Seattle.
When: April 20, 2022 at 5:30-7:30pm
Where: Optimism Brewing (1158 Broadway, Seattle, WA)
What: Networking! An opportunity to meet and mingle with environmental and land use attorneys, and share experience and wisdom with Washington law students. Appetizers and drinks will be provided.
We hope you will join us and will forward this invite on to any friends or colleagues you think would be available/interested in attending!
Please RSVP here so we can get an idea of who plans to join us in person, and who might be interested in a follow up virtual event if you cannot make it in person.
We realize COVID policies and restrictions are still in flux. Please note that per current WSBA policy, all attendees at in-person events and gatherings are required to provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19; or provide proof of a negative PCR COVID test within the past 72 hours.
Upcoming – Calling all Speakers and Volunteers!
The ELUL Section is always seeking presenters for upcoming conferences and CLEs! Reach out if you have any topics or ideas you’d like to share.
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to volunteer to present or chair at the 2022 Mid-Year, please don’t hesitate to contact an ELUL Executive Committee member: https://wsba.org/legal-community/sections/environmental-land-use-law-section
Recent Past Events
- December 14, 2021 – Mini-CLE – Webinar – Animal Trafficking, Evidentiary Challenges, and Ethics
- December 1, 2021 – Mini-CLE – Webinar – PCHB Potpourri and Offshore Wind Permitting
- May 7, 2021 – CLE – Midyear Webinar
- April 22, 2021 – Spring Networking Event! – Earth Day Celebration and Law School Networking Event, co-hosted with the WSBA’s Civil Rights Law Section and the AGO’s Environmental Protection Division
- November 9, 2020 – Mini-CLE – Webinar – Clean Air, Insurance & Sustainable Design, and Marijuana Land Use Law
- October 22, 2020 – Mini CLE – Webinar – Trump, the Clean Water Act, and Pro Se Ethics: Things You Should Know
- July 30, 2020 – CLE – Midyear Webinar
- May 21, 2020 – Virtual Networking Event (via Zoom!)
- December 5, 2019 – CLE – SEPA Categorical Exemptions in the Context of Wolf Management and Attorney Duty of Candor
- May 2-4, 2019 – CLE – Midyear Conference – Alderbrook Resort
- April 23, 2019 – Law Student Networking Mixer
- December 13, 2018 – CLE – Ethics and Professional Responsibility When Working With Experts and Consultants
- May 10-12, 2018 – CLE – Midyear Conference – Suncadia Resort
- April 4, 2018 – Law Student Networking Mixer
- December 7, 2017 – CLE – Ethical Issues in Contact with Government Employees
Executive Committee Meetings
The WSBA ELUL Executive Committee generally conducts meetings on the third Wednesday of each month, from 3-4 p.m. You may attend by phone by calling 866-577-9294 and using the passcode 5016511#. Please contact a member of the Executive Committee for specific details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.